Re: dlclose not calling destructors of static variables.

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 03:30:10PM +0000, Andrew West wrote:
>On 02/02/2010 15:16, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 09:36:54AM +0000, Andrew West wrote:
>>> O.k. I've changed remove_dll_atexit to;
>>> remove_dll_atexit (const dll *d)
>>>   {
>>>     unsigned char *dll_beg = (unsigned char *) d->handle + 0x1000;
>>>     unsigned char *dll_end = (unsigned char *) d->p.data_start;
>> According to gdb, setting dll_end to this is functionally equivalent to
>> using AllocationBase + RegionSize.  I thought you tried that already.
>> But, anyway...
>I think Dave Korn mentioned that it's possible for the .text to be
>broken into multiple regions, so perhaps RegionSize
>only shows the size of one of those multiple regions. There's another
>message on the list with more detail, either way
>for me AllocationBase + RegionSize didn't match p.data_start for me.

Sorry.  Even after carefully checking my work I got it wrong.  I meant
BaseAddress + RegionSize.  It is barely possible that the data segment
is getting relocated but I don't see how the text segment could be
broken up.  If the data segment is getting put elsewhere then it isn't a
reliable indicator of the end of the text segment.