This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Wrong setup.exe on http://www.cygwin.com/
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 10:31:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: Wrong setup.exe on http://www.cygwin.com/
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 09:21:30AM +0000, G.W. Haywood wrote:
>On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 Dave Korn wrote:
>> These both work:
>This could work too:
No. It couldn't. The first time setup-1.7.1-1 was updated you'd see
this same critical problem. The situation here is that I have been
updating setup.exe to fix bugs and people are amazed and confounded by
the behavior of their proxy caches which don't retrieve the new version.
Changing the name doesn't help that in any way.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple