This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Wrong setup.exe on http://www.cygwin.com/
- From: "G.W. Haywood" <ged at jubileegroup dot co dot uk>
- To: "Cygwin mailing list." <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 11:21:56 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: Wrong setup.exe on http://www.cygwin.com/
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hello yet again,
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 09:21:30AM +0000, G.W. Haywood wrote:
> >On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 Dave Korn wrote:
> >> These both work:
> >> http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe?&go_away_proxy!
> >> http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe?go_away_proxy!
> >This could work too:
> No. It couldn't. The first time setup-1.7.1-1 was updated you'd see
> this same critical problem. The situation here is that I have been
> updating setup.exe to fix bugs and people are amazed and confounded by
> the behavior of their proxy caches which don't retrieve the new version.
I know what the situation is, and I've been suggesting a way of
> Changing the name doesn't help that in any way.
Yes it does, if you change it every time you update it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple