This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Changing interactive shell from Bash to Zsh
- From: Anonymous bin ich <ichbinanon at gmail dot com>
- To: Csaba Raduly <rcsaba at gmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 18:33:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: Changing interactive shell from Bash to Zsh
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Thanks! On a second thought, I do think I chose the wrong list. Sorry...
The problem with replacing bash with zsh in passwd is that somehow
/etc/zprofile is not read (and $SHELL is not set, resulting in
different problems). I will read further into this... thanks for the
Until then, exec zsh -l in .bashrc will work. I have modified
Cygwin.bat once and for all non-X related sessions. I am hoping it
doesn't create much problem, since .bashrc should only be read via
interactive non-login sessions.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple