This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.1 ssh on win7 Non-recoverable failure in name resolution ?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 00:27:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: 1.7.1 ssh on win7 Non-recoverable failure in name resolution ?
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 02/10/2010 12:17 AM, William Deegan wrote:
I've just setup a win7 ultimate vm under vmware fusion.
And of course, installed cygwin.
When I try to ssh to my favorite host using my favorite username I get
the following error:
ssh: Could not resolve hostname myhost.xyz.com: Non-recoverable
failure in name resolution
Any suggestions how to resolve this?
I saw another email where there was a similar issue with nslookup
which suggested adding a resolv.conf (which I did and that resolve
nslookup for the same host).
So you can now ping this machine from your Win 7 VM by name and
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple