This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: AddAccessAllowedAce(, owner) failed: 1337
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:27:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: AddAccessAllowedAce(, owner) failed: 1337
- References: <9A331329F0534CADB99CA090E20A824A@Elshadai>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 02/12/2010 05:17 AM, Stephen Grant Brown wrote:
I have downloaded setup.exe version 2.682 and tried to install cygwin
into a new directory without success.
It installs but when I try to run cygwin.bat, the terminal screen comes
up then dies.
I highly recommend _not_ running "setup.exe" from within a Cygwin
shell. And actually, I believe this is your problem. Your installation
is now partially out of date and won't run without a reboot. If you
don't have Cygwin running when you install, you won't have this
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple