This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Python 2.6 ?
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:03:44 -0500
- Subject: Re: Python 2.6 ?
- References: <4B5EADFB.email@example.com> <20100126135611.GA2212@tishler.net> <4B5F54D1.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100127193431.GA1332@tishler.net> <4B60CB02.email@example.com> <20100212191113.GF5740@tishler.net> <4B75B0D8.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 01:49:44PM -0600, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 12/02/2010 13:11, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > 3. I changed "requires" in tkinter.hint as per #1 above.
> Ports' Tcl/Tk is X11, where the distro's is Win32-based, so the distro
> version must still use the latter. Note that there have been
> discussions about switching the distro's Tcl/Tk to X11 as well, so
> whenever that does happen you'll need that patch.
Understood and thanks for the heads-up.
> >Are you OK with these changes?
> Looks fine.
I appreciate the review.
> One more thing: don't use 2.5.2-ossaudio.patch. Cygwin is missing
> /dev/mixer so the module doesn't really work.
> >I would like to release 2.5.5 first and then 2.6.4. Unfortunately,
> >there is no HTML documentation specifically for 2.5.5, so I guess I
> >should use the documentation from 2.5.4. Do you know of any clever
> >ways to mix 2.5.5 source and 2.5.4 documentation without having to
> >hardcode versions in the cygport file?
> No, in this case you'll have to hardcode the documentation version. I
> just committed a 2.5.5 .cygport which shows you how this can be done.
I really appreciate your help.
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple