This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: What permissions should /home/user/.. have?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:43:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: What permissions should /home/user/.. have?
- References: <20100213100834.GA3828@mimosa.garydjones.name>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 02/13/2010 05:08 AM, Gary wrote:
Weird question maybe, but what permissions should the ".." directory
entry have that sits in /home/<user>?
I'm getting some weird behaviour from grep -r (in my home directory it
appears to be traversing up the .. entry and trying to access other
users' files) and wondering if the permissions are the cause.
You sure you don't have a symlink or mount that grep can traverse in
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple