This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: NFS Server "cannot change time on" error
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:38:09 -0500
- Subject: Re: NFS Server "cannot change time on" error
- References: <loom.20100216T211152email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 09:24:02PM +0000, Tom Britton wrote:
>I'm trying to set up the Cygwin NFS Server. My problem is that non-root users
>on a Unix box get a "cannot change time on ..." error when creating files on a
>NFS share. Root users do not get this message.
>The (a) problem appears to have something to do with setuid permission (see
>event Viewer error below).
>Does anyone know what to do to fix this?
I believe that the nfs server is currently orphaned so we have no
package maintainer for it and it isn't likely that you'll get a
definitive response about this.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple