This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: correct way to start X server in 1.7
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:46:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: correct way to start X server in 1.7
- References: <4B7C2E03.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 02/17/2010 12:57 PM, mike wrote:
I'm just a jerk user so be gentle with me. I've looked at the user guide
and searched the mailing list but I may have missed something. I don't
know what information is relevant so this is long. Sorry.
I've been running some version of Cygwin 1.5 for many months now. I
would always just double-click on the "XWin Server" icon and then export
the display variable and ssh into what is currently an F11 box.
Typically I then only run thunderbird, emacs, firefox and oowriter. This
all worked pretty well.
The Cygwin-X list handles questions and issues concerning X on Cygwin.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple