This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bash slow to get prompt
- From: David Antliff <david dot antliff at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:04:10 +1300
- Subject: Re: bash slow to get prompt
- References: <4B7A8A4F.email@example.com>
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 01:06, lanco wrote:
> does anyone encountered this problem during its experience with cygwin 1.5?
> Commands in bash (ls, cd, awk, ncftp, sed, ...) appears executed correctly
> but prompt get many seconds to come back to life.
> PROMPT_COMMAND = 'history -a'
Just wondering - might be a red herring, but how large is your
$ wc ~/.bash_history -l
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple