This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Apache2 crashing/degrading x64 Windows 7 system
- From: Stacey Campbell <staceycampbell at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:06:49 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Apache2 crashing/degrading x64 Windows 7 system
I reported this problem a while back. Out of the box Cygwin 1.7.1 Apache2 eventually brings down my Windows 7 Home quad core x86 system if httpd2 is subject to only a relatively light load.
A workaround seems to be to heavily limit the number of processes (and sockets) used by Apache2. This is in no way tuned for optimal use, but at least my system survives having httpd2 running:
1. Specify an IP address for the Listen directive in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf. (This is a PIA for for DHCP allocated IP addresses (serviced by DynDNS), but seems necessary.)
2. Uncomment Include /etc/apache2/extra/httpd-mpm.conf in the same file.
3. Edit /etc/apache2/extra/httpd-mpm.conf and modify mpm_prefork_module. I did the following:
4. Restart httpd2
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple