This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: latest snapshots and X
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:33:58 -0500
- Subject: Re: latest snapshots and X
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 02:27:05PM +0000, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>I am noticing that with latest snapshots 2010-02-15 and
>2010-02-18, the X server is unstable.
>my .startxwinrc is very simple
>"xterm -fn 8x13 -fg white -bg black -display 127.0.0.1:0.0 -ls /bin/bash"
>Most of the time the xterm windows does not appear while the
>process seems running. If xterm appear it will freeze
>in short time and the X server crash without any useful
>message in the log (see log for 2010-02-18).
>Running further xterm is useless.
>With snapshot 2010-02-04, everything is fine.
>I am running Windows-XP SP2.
>Anyone else with the same problems ?
I can duplicate the problems and they seem to have something to do
with my recent pipe changes. I'm looking into it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple