This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Linking Linux static library under Cygwin
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:30:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: Linking Linux static library under Cygwin
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 11:59:05PM +0300, Dmitriy Strebkov wrote:
>My problem is the following.
>I have a static library libmysqlclient.a, from MySQL version compiled
>under Linux (mysql-5.0.45-linux-i686-glibc23).
>Is there any possibility to link that library to an object file
>complied under Cygwin's GCC?
>Thus, could you please explain me:
>- Is there any way to link and use Linux libraries under Cygwin at all?
Please read the first the first few paragraphs at http://cygwin.com/ . You're
apparently misunderstanding what Cygwin is for.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple