This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: question about cygwin package
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:07:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: question about cygwin package
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 08:05:16PM +0100, Vincent Richomme wrote:
>I am just curious to understand how package are installed on cygwin
>because from what I can see they are stored as .tar.bz2 archive.
>Let's say I have a package with one exe, so it will be packaged
>inside \usr\bin :
>however once installed it will end up inside CYGWINDIR/bin
>and not CYGWINDIR/usr/bin.
>I understand it comes from the fact that /usr/bin is mapped
>on CYGWINDIR/bin BUT what I don't understand is how do you move files
>inside package into their final destination.
tar xjf foo.tar.bz2
Where foo.tar.bz2 contains relative paths to where you want things
Inspect one of Cygwin's tar.bz2 packages for a real example.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple