changes in symbolic links

Sometime within the past 1-2 years, the format of symbolic links must have changed. I keep finding broken links in my web pages. The directory bit is still set but the System attribute is not set anymore.

If it is true that symbolic links did change, I would like to know which cygwin1.dll implemented the change and if this dll is still available. I want to write a tool to search for these mangled links and fix them. I would like for all of my web pages to work. (unless someone already wrote such a tool.)

- Paul