Re: Directory named "." created at /: seems to have happened during update

On Mar  1 15:17, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Op maandag 01-03-2010 om 13:41 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Corinna
> Vinschen:
>
> > Oops.  That was never really correct.  Already in the old Cygwin 1.5
> > setup.exe the leading dot path ignored the /usr/bin and /usr/lib
> > mounts to /bin and /lib.
>
> Ouch.  I did experience weird things at times, but also used
> tar to install manually and blamed that.

It's interesting that this has never been reported.  When I screwed up
in the same way, I got the report that the package has installed
incorrectly mostly already the same day.

Btw., can you please send the URLs to the new packages to cygwin-apps?

Corinna

Red Hat