Re: Error about syntax on fstab when cygwin1.dll gets loaded

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 10:52:40AM -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
On 3/4/2010 1:24 AM, Paul McFerrin wrote:
I looked into /etc/fstab and did not find the text 'type'.  However in
/etc/fstab.d/Paul, the following was found:
     R: on /cygdrive/r type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
     Z: on /cygdrive/z type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
Is this what is being ^^^complained about??  If so, who wrote this file??

Looks to me like the output format from 'mount'. I won't speculate as to how it got into '/etc/fstab.d' directory with a filename of 'Paul'.

Ok. You got me. I was just getting started on Ringo when someone disconnected me.

Aha! OK Paul, please delete the "Ringo" file on your system too if it was actually created before you disconnected Chris.

Chris, please stop randomly logging into people's systems and
creating these files.  It can cause lots of problems.  And it's
not fun&@*!)_

[bluescreen]

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746