Re: Shared home dir, samba, and workgroups

--- Mar 9/3/10, Wes Barris  ha scritto:

> Marco Atzeri wrote:
> > --- Mar 9/3/10, Wes Barris ha scritto:

> >> work.? I like having the
> as I do
> >> on our Unix
> member of a
> >> domain.? The Unix
> running Samba
> >> and is configured
> on the
> >> Unix server is
> Windows XP
> >> system.
> the
> >> Windows side when
> create and
> >> delete files via
> side
> >> with proper
> >> Samba).? Conversely,
> access
> >> these files

> network home
> >> directory
> by
> >> nobody ('????????')
> guessing that
> >> this is because my
> domain
> >> user and since
> the files
> >> look like they

> that
> >> maps unix usernames
> working
> >> when working with
> with
> >> Cygwin?? What is the
> map my
> >> unix username to a
> ntsec?
> >
> > you need to map the WINDOWS SID to the UNIX username
> >
> > so you need to add on /etc/passwd and etc/group
> > the right references.
> >
> > see:
> > http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mkpasswd
> > http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html
>
> I've read both of those pages many times.? They don't
> appear
> to apply to my situation.? What mkpasswd option(s)
> would you
> suggest?? --local doesn't help map the Windows SID to
> the UNIX
> username, --domain doesn't do it.

Web,
if mkpasswd can not help you to identify the SID, than
you can try Setacl
http://setacl.sourceforge.net/

using as:
$ SetACL.exe -on $(cygpath -aw YOUR_FILE) -ot file -actn list -lst "f:sddl;w:o,g,s,d"

will provide the full list of SID and ACL of the file
or directory. The answer is a bit cryptic but it is very detailed.

After that you can create,by hand, the right reference in
your
/etc/passwd and /etc/group

> >> Do I need to change
> >> Should I assume from the lack of any response that
> there is
> >> no fix
> >> for this?
> >>
> >> -- Wes Barris