Re: Cygwin & Virus

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Karthik Balaguru
<karthikbalaguru79@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 6:31 AM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
> <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
>> On 3/13/2010 7:26 PM, Karthik Balaguru wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Since cygwin is a windows utility that provides linux environment.
>>> What is the probability of the linux environment to get infected by
>>> virus ?
>>
>> Very low. ?If you have a virus checker that's pointing at a Cygwin
>> utility as a virus, I'd recommend running that reported virus-infected
>> file against at least a few other checkers before drawing any firm
>> conclusions.
>
> Is there any preferred checker from cygwin ?

The reason behind this query is to avoid running the
reported virus-infected file against atleast a few other
checkers before drawing any firm conclusions.
If there is a checker that is recommended/preferred
by cygwin, it would save time by avoiding the
running it against all those other checkers. So,
pls lemme know if there is a checker that is
preferred by cygwin.

>> FWIW, there has never been a confirmed virus from any
>> Cygwin utility installed via 'setup.exe'.

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru