Re: Installation problem with 1.71.

Hallo,

after this answer, I read all the FAQs that I can see and the documentation that I could find in Cygwin files and tried several times a new installations...

First of all, before an installation I deleted all the Cygwin inforamtion from the registery (if I understand the FAQ correctly Cygwin doesn't need the registry information anymore) still no success....

To be sure that I am not making any mistake, I updated also the Cygwin at my Laptop and it did function correctly there....

Now if I compare the two behavior now, at my desktop during post install scripts, it takes quite a time (at least 7 hours) and I see in Task Manager lots bean shell process that are not doing anything there and hanging. At my laptop, post install scripts take only a fraction of that time (may be 1 hour) but actually my laptop has much less CPU power....

So I am out of answer, what can cause this bean shell process to freeze and what can be the reason that I can't even run a simple 'ls' command...

Thx for the answers....