From: Steve Bray <steve4578@comcast.net>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Sent: Wed, 17 March, 2010 12:49:56 PM
Subject: Re: Cygwin 1.7.1 breaks git on netapp shared drives

On 03/15/2010 01:15 AM, Chris Idou wrote:

> I'm having the GIT problem with cygwin and network shares mentioned here:
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-01/msg01151.html
>
> However, I have my drive mounted noacl and it still fails. At least I assume I do. When I type mount it says:
> Z: on /cygdrive/z type ntfs (binary,exec,noacl,user).
> And I'm trying to push git content to /cygdrive/z/myrepository
> How do I solve this?

It took me about a week after my original post to correctly mount with
noacls.

See:
http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

and add a line like the following to your /etc/fstab:
//server/share/subdir /srv/subdir smbfs binary,noacl 0 0

The mount command often shows incorrect mount information after making
changes with mount or /etc/fstab entries.

I had not initially tried the // syntax because FAQ 4.2 recommended not
using the "obsolete //c notation" in your PATH or startup files.

--
Problem reports:      http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  http://cygwin.com/faq/