This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: chmod fails for MS-DOS style path in cygwin 1.7.2-2
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:21:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: chmod fails for MS-DOS style path in cygwin 1.7.2-2
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 02:09:29PM +0530, prakash babu wrote:
>I am using cygwin 1.7.2-2 and chmod fails for MS-DOS style path with the following error message.
>eg: chmod 755 C:\\FileName
>cygwin warning: MS-DOS style path detected: C:\FileName
>Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/FileName
>CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
>Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
>This used to work in cygwin 1.5 .
>Is there any workaround available for this currently ?
>Is this a bug in 1.7 which will be fixed in the upcoming versions ?
How could a specific error message, which tells you how to turn it off,
be construed as a bug?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple