RE: minimal installation

Those procedures seem overly complicated.

Hmm, do the machines have Cygwin on them and this is an upgrade or is this a
fresh install.

No previous cygwin case:
Run Setup.exe
Leave all on default except the chosen packages. Install... Done.

Previous cygwin installed case:
Remove cygwin.
Run Setup.exe
Leave all on default except the chosen packages. Install... Done.

Special case cygwin installed with packages user wants to keep:
User runs setup.exe (on user's time)
Changes no options (upgrades all installed cygwin)
Run Setup.exe
Leave all as is except the chosen packages (if not installed). Install... Done.

> Then switching to full view, and selecting the extra
> packages. I deployed this to one of my remote pc's, and
> installed from the local directory. I noticed that at this
> point even when I selected Install at the top to get a full
> install from the local directory, it still left out the extra
> packages, and I have to change these by hand from skip to the
> version number.
>
> When it was all installed, I tried running ssh and got the error
> message: error while loading shared libraries: cygssp-0.dll:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
>
> I suspect what has happened is that cygwin has got confused
> about what packages I already have. Since I?already?have a
> full local cygwin installation, it is possibly skipping the
> needed libraries since it thinks I have them?already. Well, I
> do, but they are not in the local directory that I am going
> to deploy to my remote pc.
>
> Does anyone know how to do a minimal installation (ie sub
> 60mb) that works?
>
> --

- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -