Re: rsync: rename .file.JVPk8f -> file: Device or resource busy (16)

On Apr 16 11:45, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr 16 11:13, Fr?d?ric Bron wrote:
> > > ?Is UAC enabled? ?Elevated or non-elevated shell?
> > Access control via Active Directory. No idea about elevation (do not
> > know that). I am listed in the administrator group of the main machine
> > I use (corporate PC).
>
> Ok, so you're admin.  I assume that `id' lists the administrators
> group in your supplementary group list?
>
> > > Which OS are you using, btw?
> > Windows XP SP3
>
> Ok, so no UAC.
>
> > I identified one file that was permanently failing to be saved had the
> > following permissions on my hard drive:
> > - Administraors: full control
> > - Domain Users: Read&Execute, Read
> > - MySelf: Modify, Read&Execute, Read, Write
> > - SYSTEM: full control
> > - Everyone: Read&Execute, Read
> > - Users (computer\Users): Read&Execute, Read
> >
> > I added full control to my-self on the local hard drive and then rsync
> > worked fine. On the USB disk the remaining ".file.exe.XXXX" has full
> > control to everyone and only this which is fine.
> > I then removed again the full control to my-self on the local hard
> > drive and rsync failed again.
> >
> > Any clue?
>
> Not really.  So, with the above permissions, rsync fails but mv works,
> right?

I created a file with the same permissions as noted above and I tried to
rsync onto the USB stick which I prepared with the same permissions
(Everyone: Full control) and with the stick mounted "noacl", and rsync
still works fine for me.  It's puzzeling, but this could really be a
Symantec issue.

Corinna

Red Hat