Re: cyguninameslist-0.dll: cannot open shared object file

On 25/04/2010 17:09, Hans Becker wrote:

> Keep getting the following error, have no idea how to fix it:

  Well, fontforge isn't in the standard distro, nor the missing DLL that
you're looking for, so it'll have to be generic advice:

> fontforge -new
> /home/hb2/fontforge/fontforge.exe: error while loading shared libraries:
> cyguninameslist-0.dll: cannot open shared object file:
> No such file or directory

  Judging from an old thread I found(*), it looks like this DLL gets installed
somewhere under $prefix/lib that won't be in your $PATH setting by default; it
sounds like fontforge isn't aware of this difference between Linux shared
libraries and Windows DLLs.  See if you can find where it's got to and either
add that dir to your PATH or copy it (and any other DLLs down there) to
$prefix/bin.

    cheers,
      DaveK
--