This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Getting characters to display properly in Cygwin/RXVT/man pages
- From: Bengt Larsson <lists dot cygwin2 at bengtl dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:45:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: Getting characters to display properly in Cygwin/RXVT/man pages
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>When running a bash shell in rxvt and doing a man page I get weird
>characters in man pages especially around the often used "-" character.
>I've read about a few solutions, most revolving around UTF-8 and less
>and none of them fixing the problem totally. How do I set up rxvt such
>that man pages work?
alias man='LANG=C.ISO-8859-1 /bin/man'
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple