This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Python 2.6 ?
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 18:01:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: Python 2.6 ?
- References: <4B5EADFB.email@example.com> <20100126135611.GA2212@tishler.net> <4B5F54D1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 02:47:13PM -0600, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> So if we keep with only one 2.x version at a time, then 2.6.4 as
> experimental is probably the best bet, with a clear schedule to
> maintainers of when 2.6 will go stable so the transition has a chance
> of being smooth.
I'm ready to release python-2.6.5-1 as experimental. How long should
the module maintainers be given to transition their modules to Python
2.6? Is 3 months reasonable? I would like to add the transition date
to my release announcement.
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple