Re: perl6 fails - <bump>

Reposting. This may have gotten lost in the shuffle. I remain ready to test and report as much as is helpful. David

on 4/26/2010 3:13 AM Reini Urban said the following:
2010/4/26 David Vergin:
...sadly I now have a new error...

$ /usr/bin/perl6 -V
Null PMC access in find_method('get_parrotclass')
current instr.: 'perl6;ClassHOW;onload' pc -1 ((unknown file):-1)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Interesting wrong usage...

Hmmm... My reading online had led me to think this would give me a "version" response. I was trying for the simplest possible invocation of the perl6 binary.

So, to be clear, any and all attempts to run perl6 under cygwin give the same response. All of the following examples fail in the same way:

$ perl6 test.p6
$ perl6 --version
$ perl6
$ perl6 -e "print 1"

I've installed parrot-devel also, that's the solution and the ad-hoc workaround.

I appreciate your time on this. I have now installed parrot-devel. But the "Null PMC" error I reported above persists.

What do we try next?

David