This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated Cygwin Package (experimental): python-2.6.5-1
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Python-Annouce <python-announce at python dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:24:36 -0400
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated Cygwin Package (experimental): python-2.6.5-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
*** Attention Cygwin Python module package maintainers ***
*** Cygwin is migrating from Python 2.5 to 2.6... ***
I have released Cygwin Python 2.6.5-1 as experimental. The tarballs
should be available on a Cygwin mirror near you shortly.
The main purpose of this release is to begin the transition to make
Python 2.6 the official Cygwin version. If you are one of the Cygwin
Python module package maintainers, then please take this opportunity to
build, test, and change (if necessary) your package to support Python
Note the following:
1. 2.6.5-1 is experimental and 2.5.5-1 remains current. I will update
Cygwin to make 2.6.5-1 (or later) current on or about June 1, 2010.
2. You need to select the 'Exp' radio button when running Cygwin's
setup.exe to install 2.6.5-1.
3. If you install 2.6.5-1, then any 2.5 module will no longer work.
Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming
language. If interested, see the Python web site for more details:
Please read the README file:
since it covers requirements, installation, known issues, etc.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple