Re: PostgreSQL plperl crash on Cygwin 1.7.5

Reini Urban wrote:
2010/5/2 Andrew Dunstan :
On Cygwin version 1.7.5 I am trying to run set up a member of the PostgreSQL
Buildfarm <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl>. We have a
current Cygwin member (run by me) using Cygwin version 1.5.25, which for the
most part runs without major problems.

The good news is that even on the latest code, both stable and development,
PostgreSQL builds and its core regression tests run with 100% success.

The bad news is that I get a segfault when trying to run the regression
tests for the embedded PLPerl language. The test fails when it tries to load
Postgres' plperl.dll.

Hi Andrew,

This is because cygwin perl is compiled with gcc-4 and -fstack-protector
and you are trying with gcc-3 without -fstack-protector.

Installing gcc-4 and doing the configure with
CC=gcc-4 should do the trick.

Oh, cool, thanks Reini. I'm testing this now.

If standard packages like perl are compiled with gcc-4, shouldn't it be the default?

cheers

andrew