$PS1 doesn't appear to work the same after version 1.7

I use the following to setup my $PS1 bash prompt:

PS1="\[\033]0;\w\007\033[32m\]\u@\h\[\033[36m \W\033[0m\]> "

This attempts to emit the username@hostname current_folder>  (in color)

This still works on my Linux and Solaris boxes.  It used to work under Cygwin,
but I believe that it began failing after the upgrade to 1.7.  I am currently
at 1.7.5-1.

The problem arises when I use the keyboard up-arrow to scroll back to select a
previous command. The position of the command is incorrect and overwrites the
portions of the prompt.

PS1="\u@\h \W> "   continues to work as expected.

There was a recent update effecting PS1 but it did not fix this problem.

Thanks.