This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.5-1: fork throw segfault with g++ 4.3.4
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 17:38:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: 1.7.5-1: fork throw segfault with g++ 4.3.4
- References: <118687966886207198029573800488537596901-Webmail@me.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 05:02:26PM +1000, Tim Wilson-Brown wrote:
>I have identified a reproducible segfault when throwing exceptions in
>the thrift IPC library under cygwin 1.7.5-1.
>An example c++ program is attached which always segfaults on my machine
>when compiled with g++-4 (4.3.4 20090804) under 1.7.5-1. I have also
>attached the stackdump, a standard cygcheck.out, and another more
>verbose set of testcases.
I've uploaded a snapshot which should fix this problem:
Thanks go to Dave Korn for tracking down the problem and to Chuck Wilson
for the pseudo-reloc implementation and insight.
Oh, and thanks for the test case, too.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple