Re: Terminal windows

On 5/19/2010 3:59 PM, Luis Vital wrote:
Hi Reid,

Thanks for your answer. Nevertheless I don't have my problem solved yet.

If I make: $ cat ./launchit.sh
I obtain : cat: ./launchit.sh: No such file or directory

The idea was for you to create a launchit.sh file with the contents given, starting the the #!/bin/bash line. The poster ran cat specifically to show you what needed to be in that file. Note that launchit.sh should have execute permissions set (e.g., via "chmod +x launchit.sh".

Besides it seems I am not using xterm.

If I make: $ nohup xterm -e $@&
I obtain : nohup: ignoring input and appending output to `nohup.out'
            nohup: failed to run command `xterm': No such file or directory

Indeed. Either you don't have xterm installed, or else its directory is on on your PATH. You can check your path by typing "echo $PATH", for example.

But it sounds to me as if you are new to Unix-like commands,
which makes me wonder why you're using cygwin in the first place ...
(Not meaning to be rude; just wondering if maybe there's a
better ay to get at what you really want.)

Regards -- Eliot MOss