Re: GCC 4.5 has been released, what does this mean for cygwin?

On 19/05/2010 09:17, Eric Lilja wrote:
> Hello, as I'm sure many of you have noticed, GCC 4.5 has been released.
> I think I recall Mr Dave Korn saying that he would skip releasing GCC
> 4.4 for Cygwin and instead focus on getting fixes in for GCC 4.5. I'm
> just curious to where things stand now. Dave?

  I'm preparing a release of 4.5.  There are big problems with the Ada
language, and I thought I'd have a quick go at fixing them rather than just
release it as-is, but that's become impeded by the current tty breakage on the
cygwin dll cvs HEAD version that I was running, which prevents testing.  I'd
be able to carry on by rolling back my local cygwin dll, but that'll mean
having to abandon Ada, which can't be made to work without adding some extra
functionality to the cygwin dll, so it'll be a test release.  And while all
that is going on I have another job on that's become more pressing and has to
take priority, so it'll probably be another fortnight or so before I can get
4.5.0-1 out.

    cheers,
      DaveK