Re: "command not found"-For All Commands

I am running the version I downloaded a couple days ago from the cygwin
website. After installation my Windows7 program compatibility application
told me that cygwin was not installed correctly, after which I told it to
reinstall...and it did but this time the installation was much faster.

Hello!
Friend what version (so to speak) of Cygwin are you running? How did
you install it? For myself, and I suspect that it may not be
appropriate for all, I typically run the actual setup program from the
website and follow its urging to download itself to a folder, and then
install it. Wait for that to happen and finally check to see if the
simple program ls for list files works, and then repeat setup, but do
so off-line working from the folder. Then repeat to see if the build
utilities like Gcc and friends have arrived.

That prompt resembles something from the Beta series of Cygwin or
perhaps from one of the terminals that doesn't recognize how BASH
constructs a (normal) prompt.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com