Re: Problems with mkdir under 1.7

Hi Corinna,

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On May 28 11:33, Dave Hylands wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've discovered a problem with mkdir under 1.7.x that worked fine under 1.5.x.
>>
>> I'm using 1.7.5-1 (I updated to the latest this morning).
>>
>> I'm having a problem with mkdir -p when using DFS shares.
>>
>> Assume dir exists and newdir doesn't.
>> Assume computername is the UNC name of a real computer.
>> Assume dfs-name is the UNC name of DFS "virtual" computer - not sure
>> what the real terminology is.
>>
>> The first 3 all work fine.
>> mkdir //computername/sharename/dir/newdir
>> mkdir -p //computername/sharename/dir/newdir
>> mkdir //dfs-name/dfs-share/dir/newdir
>>
>> This one fails:
>> mkdir -p //dfs-name/dfs-share/dir/newdir
>> mkdir: cannot create directory '//dfs-name': No such file or directory
>>
>> This used to work fine under 1.5.x, so I assume it's a new bug.
>
> I don't know.  I created two DFS namespaces on my 2008 server machine,
> one domain namespace, one standalone namespace, and I can do the
> aforementioned mkdir -p just fine in both namespaces.

OK - I guess it's time to start debugging then....

It must be something with the server, since we experience this on
multiple computers.

1.5.x version fo cygwin works fine, and 1.7.x fails.

I'll download the source tarball and try debugging some more from my
end - will let you know what I find out...

I'm also having an issue with rm -r failing on some empty directories
that 1.5.x doesn't have any issues with either, so I'll look into that
at the same time.

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada