Re: "command not found"-For All Commands

Original poster had written ...
> After installation my Windows7 program compatibility application
> told me that cygwin was not installed correctly, after which I told it to
> reinstall...and it did but this time the installation was much faster.

I am very suspicious of anything that Windows 7 might suggest with
respect to Cygwin.
On what basis does Win 7 claim that Cygwin was not installed correctly,
and how on earth can Win 7 hope to correct this for you?

I would suggest un-installing Cygwin, then from Cygwin setup
once again installing Cygwin, and then strenuously avoiding
any suggestions from Win 7 that it knows better than Cygwin
about Cygwins own installation.