Re: Problems with mkdir under 1.7

Hi Corinna,

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Corinna Vinschen  wrote:
> On May 31 19:36, Dave Hylands wrote:
>> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Corinna Vinschen
>> <corinna-BEEP@BEEP.BEEP> wrote:
>

> http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

Hmm. I use gmail which doesn't seem to have that as an option - but
I'll look. In the meantime, I'll try to remember to edit this
manually.

If anybody has, or knows of, an extension or script that can do this,
I'd love to hear about it.

>> > I don't know. ?I created two DFS namespaces on my 2008 server machine,
>> > one domain namespace, one standalone namespace, and I can do the
>> > aforementioned mkdir -p just fine in both namespaces.
>>
>> OK - I guess it's time to start debugging then....
>
> That would be nice, given that you have easy access to the problematic
> environment. ?I found another problem when accessing the DFS shares from
> Windows 7 which seems to affect not only Cygwin but also Windows
> Explorer. ?While it's not a Cygwin problem per se, an unwelcome side
> effect in Cygwin is a crash due to an overwritten stack. ?I'll look into
> avoiding the crash at least.

I forgot to mention in my original post, that in this case, cygwin is
running under Windows XP (not sure if that makes a difference or not).

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada