Re: cygpath behaviour when input is not a path

On 6/2/10, Dave Korn wrote:
>> Okay. So I'm SOL with tool output like
>> "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in
>> C:\cygwin\home\jg\work\foo.php on line 10"
>> then, short of parsing it myself :-(
>
>   Hang on, isn't this is a bit far from your original question?  You wanted
> know what happens when cygpath is "given a PATH list ... without the -p

Lumme! I've been rumbled! Quick, Chopper, get the getaway car started, sharpish!

Or, more seriously, my original question was based on what I saw while
investigating looking at the tool output, that's all.

> have you ever heard the term GIGO?

Not only have I heard it, I've vast experience in it.

> cygpath expects anything you pass it is a path

Okay. That's what I was wondering. Thanks.

--
Gary
Non-kook (allegedly)