Re: Reading /proc/registry/... returns extra char

Greetings, Dave Korn!

>> Erm... how about ":type" suffix? Don't know how "POSIXy" it is, but it's close
>> enough to similar functionality of NTFS (file streams).

> To save having the whole discussion again, here's the summary from last time:

> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2006-03/msg00003.html

*carefully raising eyebrows* Thanks for the link.
I didn't though about cross-compatibility issues, and these concerns are
understandable.

My opinion is that there's no solution to the p.3 due to the fact that files
don't have strict typization (other than file/directory/reparse).
Using some kind of suffixing won't do much because it raising a mountain of
ambiguity due to a wide range of characters allowed in value names (including
"/:?*" as well as more trivial commas and dots, which are also allowed in file
names)

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...