Re: Why call-process removes '{' and '}' chars from arguments???

> From: Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 23:33:44 +0300
> Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
>
> %* in .bat file not proper work - it strip all chars after
> first new line occurrence.
>
> I think in Windows there are no anything scriptable with
> "$*" like in POSIX sh.

Yes, there is: it's %*.  The problem is that the Windows shells do not
support command lines with embedded newlines at all.

> To workaround this I create executable
> which linked with Cygwin runtime and as in BusyBox
> to 'execvp' passed base name as command and all args without
> changes. Cygwin 'execvp' first search for 'prog' then
> for 'prog.exe' so trick worked!
>
> So I switch from simple .bat wrapper to
> special executable. To enable another Cygwin script 'foo'
> for Emacs I just copy existing executable:
>
>    $ cp hg.exe foo.exe

Mixing the native Windows build of Emacs with Cygwin is asking for
trouble.  I expect you to see more surprises down the line.  I highly
recommend to install the Cygwin build of Emacs and use that instead.