RE: C: vs /cygdrive/c and git

Less a git issue than one for Cygwin in general, as Cygwin moves
toward more compatibility with Posix names as it moves away from
Windows  names, maybe  it's time  to update the user guide.  For
example,  it says,  "Cygwin supports both Win32- and POSIX-style
paths."

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

The UG then explains how the backslash is not supported in Posix
names. Again, with the move towards Posix compatibility, is this
not an obsolete notion that could be eliminated?

--Ken Nellis