Re: cygwin 1.7.5, perl *** fatal error TP_NUM_W_BUFS too smal

On 6/6/2010 8:32 PM, Reini Urban wrote:

Nasser M. Abbasi schrieb:
On 6/4/2010 2:44 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:

Error: Cannot read 'img2.png': No such file or directory Converting image #1 0 [main] perl 3400 C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error - Internal error: TP_NUM_W_BUFS too small."

This looks like an internal error in Cygwin which runs out of TLS
filename buffers. For a start, could you please strace the perl
process? This may help to figure out the function in which the problem
occurs.

Corinna

$ export PERLDB_OPTS="NonStop frame=2" make test

I got a little more useful output using this:

$export PERLDB_OPTS="NonStop AutoTrace frame=2"
$ make test>&  out.txt

PERLDB_OPTS is only for the perl debugger, which you don't run I suppose.
Corinna wanted a strace for perl, around the section where the fork
fails. It must not be the whole 2GB.

To build a debugging perl you'd need the source package and run
./build --debug
But this won't be needed I suppose, as it's a cygwin error around fork.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Looking at out.txt, the output around the crash is below. It seems to
come after exec($cmd). It looks like it can't spawn a new process.

btw, this is windows 7. new PC, 8 GM ram.

UAC already tried to disable?

do not know. If this is something I can check on my end or something, pls let me know. This is a new PC, and I did not change any UAC settings on it. All default setting on windows 7.

If you need the complete file out.txt, I can send it to you directly.

thanks
--Nasser

=========

262: my ($self,$cmd,$in,$out,$err) = @_;
263: carp qq{Debug (syswait): Running "$cmd"\n} if($Verbose);
265: my $status;
266: my $child_pid;
267: if ($child_pid = fork) {

You can try to add a small sleep here after line 267, the fork.
         sleep(0.2);

OK, Will do that, I need to muck around the perl code and find where to do this. will let you know if it changes anything.

268: $status = waitpid($child_pid, 0);
######### Forked, but do not know how to create a new TTY. #########
Since two debuggers fight for the same TTY, input is severely entangled.

I know how to switch the output to a different window in xterms, OS/2
consoles, and Mac OS X Terminal.app only. For a manual switch, put the name
of the created TTY in $DB::fork_TTY, or define a function
DB::get_fork_TTY() returning this.

On UNIX-like systems one can get the name of a TTY for the given window
by typing tty, and disconnect the shell from TTY by sleep 1000000.

274: unless(exec($cmd)) {
0 [main] perl 4524 C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error - Internal
error: TP_NUM_W_BUFS too small.
269: carp "Debug (syswait): Finished child process: #$child_pid\n"
270: if($Verbose);
271: $child_pid = 0;
272: return($?);
exited L2hos::Unix::syswait

Error while converting image
4239: if (! -r "${PREFIX}$img") {
4240:&write_warnings("\nFailed to convert image $psname.ps")

--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

We haven't got this report, BTW.

OK, will make an official report.

Also, where do have your latex2html from?

I have documented the latex2html installation on my page below, so I suppose anyone can reproduce what I did easily (if they have windows 7, 64 bit OS, which I do not know if it is releated or not). Please see below for the steps:

http://12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/index.htm

--Nasser