Re: Unicode/UTF-8 support (MinTTY) - ncursesw - Mutt, Vim

Corinna Vinschen schrieb am 07.06.2010 um 12:40:43 (+0200):
> On Jun  7 11:23, Michael Ludwig wrote:

> > Are ncursesw versions of Vim and Mutt imminent? Or is it not going
> > to happen anytime soon?
>
> Thanks for the heads up.  I'll build the next release of vim (there's
> a 7.3 release coming soon) against ncursesw.

That's great! Thank you!

As for Mutt, I downloaded the sources via Cygwin setup.exe and
recompiled against ncursesw. As I couldn't find a suitable configure
option, I had to edit the Makefile as follows to (1) enable ncursesw
and (2) skip building the documentation (which would fail):

          \,,,/
          (o o)
------oOOo-(_)-oOOo------
diff Makefile Makefile.orig
164c164
< CPPFLAGS =  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -I$(top_srcdir)/intl
-I$(includedir)
---
> CPPFLAGS =  -I/usr/include/ncurses -I$(top_srcdir)/intl
> -I$(includedir)
208c208
< MUTTLIBS =  -lncursesw
---
> MUTTLIBS =  -lncurses
283c283
< SUBDIRS = m4 po intl contrib $(IMAP_SUBDIR)
---
> SUBDIRS = m4 po intl doc contrib $(IMAP_SUBDIR)
-------------------------

Text in Russian or Greek looks perfect now. Same for Mutt's
internationalized messages in German, Russian, Greek.

	ÐÑÐÐÑÐÑÑ ÐÐ cygwin@cygwin.com?
	([ÐÐ]/ÐÐÑ):

(Japanese, Korean and Chinese are another story, possibly on account
of missing fonts.)

Great job, ncursesw! I think just like Vim users, Mutt users would
also appreciate Unicode support.

--
Michael Ludwig