Re: Unicode/UTF-8 support (MinTTY) - ncursesw - Mutt, Vim

Andy Koppe schrieb am 07.06.2010 um 12:14:20 (+0100):
> On 7 June 2010 11:40, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > ïI'll build the next release of vim (there's a 7.3 release coming
> > soon) against ncursesw.
>
> Probably a good idea anyway, but as far as I can see, vim works fine
> with UTF-8 already.

> Michael, what are the issues you're seeing with vim? Are you using
> Cygwin 1.7?

As you say, Vim works fine with UTF-8. It's just that until very
recently, I've been using the rxvt terminal emulator, which lacks
Unicode support; so Vim being compiled against ncurses (*without*
wide characters) was a good match.

Now that I'm switching to the MinTTY terminal, which supports
Unicode/UTF-8, I need a Vim compiled against ncursesw (*with*
wide characters) if my assessment of the situation is correct.

--
Michael Ludwig