Re: Unicode/UTF-8 support (MinTTY) - ncursesw - Mutt, Vim

Michael Ludwig schrieb am 07.06.2010 um 15:09 (+0200):
> To get the same behaviour as with the Cygwin binary Mutt, some more
> tweaking of configure flags or other stuff seems required. Two
> differences I've noted so far:
>
> * An error message "repetition-operator operand invalid" appears on
>   startup for "*" instead of ".*" in folder-hook directives.

Avoided by specifying --with-regex for the configure script.

> * My built forgets about mailboxes it has seen so they're all flagged
>   as containing new messages.

Solved by specifying --enable-buffy-size for the configure script.

The Cygwin build has more stuff enabled (which I don't use). My
configure line was:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/muttw2 --with-regex --enable-buffy-size

The feature and package sets of different builds can be compared by
diffing the output of "mutt -v" and reading the output of "configure
--help".

--
Michael Ludwig