EMACS key mapping problem

Hi,

When I hit C-x C-c and intend to exit cygwin, but I get only an error
message: "C-x C-g" is undefined.  What's the problem? And, How can I
exit from emacs?

Another related problem is,  when I hit the Alt-Shift-# and intend to
launch the 'Calc' package, but only get 'M-# is undefined.  How do I
know if the 'Calc' installed in my emacs? And, if not, how do I
install it?

Thanks in advance!

    -- Schopenhauer

narke