Re: 'cp' utility bug when <dest-name>.exe file exist.

Why not just do the exe magic for executing the files only? When
opening, stating, copying, moving etc, you could leave it out. This
seems the most reasonable compromise to me, but there could of course
be cases which I am overseeing, but I wouldn't expect any script to
rely on exe magic when opening a file for editing.