mintty screen size problem

Hi,

I found some windows native command-line programs can not run in
mintty, while they can in the old cygwin shell window.

For example, there is a windows command line application, slrn,  (a
nntp news reader), when it is started from mintty, it will report
"unable to determine the screen size" and then exit.  Another example
is windows version of python, when start it from mintty, it will
display nothing and never return unless I press Ctrl-C.

Does anyone see the similar problems?  Do you have a solution? Thanks.

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (narkewoody@gmail.com)